- Lexaria’s Mexican patent “Stable Ready-to-Drink Beverage Compositions Comprising Lipophilic Active Ingredients” joins the ranks of previously issued patents in Australia, India, Japan and the EU
- The patent allows the company to provide value in gaining regulatory approval for its DehydraTECH(TM)-enabled CBD for multiple indications in the health and wellness field
- Additional claims to Mexican patent #390001 include Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (“HIV”) dementia, obesity, hepatic diseases, diabetes, appetite disorders, cancer chemotherapy, benign prostatic hypertrophy, irritable bowel syndrome, biliary diseases, ovarian disorders, marijuana abuse, and alcohol, opioid, nicotine, or cocaine addictions
- The global market of CBD for health and wellness purposes was valued at $4.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow to $47.22 billion by 2028
Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms, has announced that the Company has received its 27th worldwide patent, granted in Mexico under registration #390001. The patent from Lexaria’s third patent family, “Stable Ready-to-Drink Beverage Compositions Comprising Lipophilic Active Agents,” has already been issued in Australia, India, and Japan (https://ibn.fm/3hANL). The patent applies to a range of active ingredients, including but not limited to non-psychoactive cannabinoids and NSAIDs in a wide variety of ready-to-drink consumer retail beverage products.
Lexaria’s latest patent provides value to the company through its continued pursuit of gaining regulatory approval for its patented DehydraTECH(TM)-enabled cannabidiol (“CBD”) for the treatment of hypertension in regulated pharmaceutical applications. This has produced the claims necessary for the Mexico patent to use DehydraTECH-processed non-psychoactive cannabinoids to treat cardiac and cardiometabolic disorders.
Additional claims granted to the Mexican patent #390001 include the treatment of neurological diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia, and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (“HIV”) dementia. The indications also include obesity, hepatic diseases, diabetes, appetite disorders, cancer chemotherapy, benign prostatic hypertrophy, irritable bowel syndrome, biliary diseases, ovarian disorders, marijuana abuse, and alcohol, opioid, nicotine, or cocaine addictions.
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH(TM) technology improves the way active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”) enter the bloodstream by promoting healthier oral ingestion methods and increasing the effectiveness of fat-soluble active molecules. The technology promotes fast-acting, less expensive, and more effective drug delivery and has been thoroughly evaluated through vivo, in vitro, and human clinical testing. Major benefits of the technology include:
- Increased drug delivery times in which patients feel the effects in a matter of minutes
- Increased bioavailability through the bloodstream
- Increased brain absorption as demonstrated through animal testing with higher drug quantities being delivered across the blood-brain barrier
- Improved drug potency with more of the drug ingested and made available to the body with lower dosing required to achieve maximum results
- Reduction in drug administration costs due to the reduced amount needing to be delivered
- Masking unwanted tastes which reduces the need for unnecessary sweeteners
The global demand for CBD for health and wellness purposes is high, with the worldwide market being valued at $4.9 billion in 2021 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 21.3% from 2022 to 2028, resulting in a value of $47.22 billion by 2028. The rise in demand can be attributed to the increased acceptance and use of CBD for wellness purposes and government approvals (https://ibn.fm/SFw2S).
With the approval of its 27th patent, the company is still working on expanding the indications and efficacy of its DehydraTECH(TM) technology – with ~50 pending patents worldwide. The company’s pursuit has allowed it to leverage additional industries, including the need to fill a deficit in the hypertension market. On average, hypertension costs the country $131 billion annually, with more than 670,000 deaths in the United States attributed to hypertension as a primary or contributing factor in 2020.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/LEXX
TinyGems is your guide to the best and brightest in the under-appreciated small-cap sector. As one of 50+ brands within the InvestorBrandNetwork (“IBN”), TinyGems provides: (1) access to a network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release solutions to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to reach millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. It’s time to uncover some of the best-kept secrets on Wall Street. TinyGems features innovative small-cap companies with huge potential, putting a spotlight on the best and brightest of these disruptors that have the technology, the talent, the drive, and the business models to make a huge impact in the markets and in portfolios. Whether it’s a game changing technology, a new more profitable product or service, or a star in a hot sector, TinyGems is the go-to source for actionable intelligence.
To receive SMS text alerts from TinyGems, text “Gems” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.TinyGems.net
TinyGems is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork